ETS - COOKIE NOTICE
1. Which cookies we store and why
These cookies are necessary for basic site functionalities and are therefore set when you visit our website. These cookies remember your preferences as you use our website. They are also used to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps the website available, and for security purposes.
The purposes of functional cookies include:
- • Recognising your settings for a next visit;
- • Used to connect multiple requests made in a single session;
- • Remembering your preferences, such as filters, compare tools, language, location and the desired number of search results to be displayed;
- • Member identification on the ETS website;
- • Evenly loading of the website, so that they remain functional and accessible;
The cookies are used to collect information about the way in which visitors use ETS’s website, including information about the pages most visited and the number of error messages displayed. We collect statistics from the users of our website with analytic cookies. These cookies help ETS to improve its website.
We use Google Analytics to generate aggregated statistics about visits to our website. In this context, we have entered into a processor agreement with Google. We have masked the last octet of the IP address and have turned off 'data sharing' and the data obtained through Google Analytics is not shared for other Google services.
The following data are stored by means of cookies in the analysis system:
- • The first three octets of your IP address;
- • Technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen;
- • From which page you have come to the ETS website;
- • When and how long you visit or use the ETS website;
- • Whether you use the functionalities of the website;
- • Which pages you visit on our website;
- • Your interaction with the products or services offered by ETS;
We use this information for:
- • To track the number of visitors on our web pages;
- • To measure the duration that each visitor spends on our web pages;
- • To determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website;
- • To assess which parts of our sites and apps need adjustment.
Have a look at our full list of cookies which are included in the types of cookies mentioned above and which are used by ETS.
2. Control the cookies we store and access
If you would like to control the cookies we store and access, you can adjust your browser settings to delete our or third party cookies. You can also adjust your browser settings to prevent websites from setting cookies or third party cookies altogether. If you prevent us from setting specific cookies, you may find that some functions are not available or that certain parts of the website will not load. Find out how to adjust the settings for different browsers:
3. Our privacy notice
You will find more information on how ETS handles your privacy in our Privacy Notice.
4. Contact details for your privacy inquiries
Jörg Selle, ETS Managing Director, Keplerlaan 1, 2201 AZ Noordwijk, The Netherlands, phone +31 (0)71 565 4290, Joerg.Selle@esa.int.
This notice was last updated on November 1st 2018.